Saturday, May 8, 2010

Its not about you or me; EVER.

I've said this for a while now and today it rang true more than it ever has. We HAVE to come to the place where we realize its not now nor has our lives and living them out EVER been about us. Think about it. Jesus said that the greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and the second commandment is just as great, to love your neighbor as yourself (Mk 12:30-31). We're not commanded to love ourselves; we do that without being told. But we are to love God and also love others. Ultimately our lives are for the glory of God. Everything we do must demonstrate Him. Sure we're not perfect but we must strive to display who He is by who we claim to be.

Why did my statement ring true? I experienced some stuff this morning and could have easily allowed it to consume me and my day; to take it to heart and make it personal and get defensive. I realized though its not about me. I went to work later on and had a conversation with a co-worker and realized that they are going through some stuff of their own. If I had been so caught up with me I wouldn't have been able to lend an ear and some words of encouragement to them. I was thankful to God, thankful to the Holy Spirit, thankful to the Living Word which is Christ for having done a work IN me so that there could be a work done THROUGH me.

I'm no better than the next person; I'm just being real. Remember that our lives are for Hid glory. Remember that we share in His sufferings. Remember that as we humble ourselves and follow Christ's example of humility, God himself exalts us in His time :)

Blessings til next time!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

2 comments:

Crystan Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing that!!! That was definitely a timely reminder.

Cyncere said...

........thats whats up Shiv, clearly if we share in His suffering, why couldnt we share in the suffering of someone else and share a few words of encouragement. We would want someone to share a word to us if we were going through a hard time right? Bravo sis