Thursday, January 19, 2012

Work...tools

I work a lot now lol. I like to check my fb and twitter, see what my peeps are up to but I only do that now after 5pm....well fb sometimes before 5 ;-)

I like working full-time though. My first full-time job was in high school for Caribbean Gospel Inc. I LOVED that job!! I got to work around one of my favourite things...MUSIC!! Sure I had the office portion that sometimes wasn't so great but I got to go out to shows and be in the studio and around the artistes. I developed my work skills as well as relationships with different people. After that my only other FT job (other than this one) was working a tutoring camp at my church for two consecutive summers.

I'll say this: it is a bit taxing on the body to work FT. Especially when you depend on public transit to get around and you live in a different county from where you work. But I do feel productive most days. (Some might be wondering if we're having a slow day because I'm typing this blog lol). Nope. Just felt like typing real quick.

I try my best in whatever work environment I'm in to learn as many things as I can; whether they be work related or a means for me to develop in my character. I don't know what the future holds so I want to grab as many helpful tools along the way. Years from now I just might be using something I learned when I was 15.

So my encouragement today is to be aware of your environment and soak in what you can as you give your best.

Blessing til next time!

No comments: