Monday, June 4, 2012

Directions....

I like directions...I like good directions....I like to know where I'm going or at least have an idea of where I'm going before I get there. And that is my persona all around....you can use that analogy for any aspect of my life.....BUT!

and that's an important word..but....BUT!! God apparently doesn't think He needs to give me the full directions before hand. That's a little frustrating...but I can kinda understand why he does it like that...kinda lol. If He told me where exactly I was going...all the time...I would probably..scratch that..I WOULD find my own route to get there. Now how would God get glory from my life if I took my own route?

As I continue learning and grasping this idea of driving along and waiting until God says to turn left or right..I'm suppose to keep driving, right? So yeah...I've realized that I'm sitting at the light/stop sign/intersection with the car in neutral when it should be in drive. I've been waiting on directions for just about everything in my life and for some areas God has said turn left or right...others he hasn't. And the areas He hasn't has me particularly cautious because I don't want to be outside His will. And now I think I'm being too cautious because I'm sitting idly, waiting, when God didn't say stop...but I haven't heard go. I've seen couple signs that I should go...intersection is clear of traffic, no train on the tracks, draw bridge isn't up letting a boat through and there aren't any pedestrians walking around. I just haven't seen the light turn green...and I want to see green. I want to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can proceed because I don't want to go and then my picture gets taken by the camera and I get sent a ticket in the mail...not cool lol.

Lord, help me to see your green light, to not be fearful of what is beyond this intersection. Help me to continue to listen to your directions and to drive safely and with authority.

Blessings til next time!

No comments: