Friday, October 19, 2012

Hungry Jesus Kingdom

So I haven't blogged in a while....forgive me for those who follow. I'm hungry. hungry for more of Jesus. I'm finding myself feasting on the Word, on teachings, on music that is founded in the Word...anything that is Jesus I want. Life has flowed so much better with Him in close proximity. His love is definitely better than life and His goodness.....oooooo!!! I find myself enjoying the Word and the treasures within it more than I ever have before. And I'm beginning to view myself as an alien. Yes, I know that's in the Bible and I understood that in my head but it is now transferring to my spirit in such a way that is pretty dern cool! (yea I said "dern" lol). I'm in this world but not OF this world just as Jesus because I share in His inheritance. So my standard of living and way-of-being is determined from a completely different system than the world. (Donald Lawrence's "Back to Eden" just started playing in my head; "an Eden mindset is a kingdom mindset.") Its pretty simple when you think about it; live with God as King, with Him ruling your life, His ways and will and His kingdom will be here on earth. We're the citizens of the Kingdom but a lot of times we don't act like it. Funny thing is the Kingdom of God trumps any other kingdom. We just don't walk in the triumphant victory so it appears as if the kingdom is losing. We need to be the representation of Christ and let His Kingdom reign on earth. How do we do that? Let His grace overtake us. Dive into His love...not even dive...cannonball into it! Let His love and grace have its perfect work in us. That's where the power is...in Him. We can try our darn-dest but it will get us nowhere...believe me I've tried. But resting in His love and His grace.....yesss!! His grace is sufficient, more than enough, abundant and then some! It is He that does the work through us. As we grasp His love the response is to live as citizens of the kingdom. Jesus fulfilled the full extent of the Law. And He did it through love...His love for us is what carried Him to the cross, to the grave and back up to sit on the right hand of the Father. So let's be kingdom...loving God and loving people....expressing grace and bringing heaven here on earth. Blessing til next time!

No comments: