Sunday, November 30, 2008

(8)Santa's Enchanted Forest(8)

soo..........I FINALLY (yay!!) FINALLY went to Santa's Enchanted Forest!!!!!! I have been saying since I moved up here that I was going to go and never went...until this year. My friend I went Saturday night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The lights were so beautiful, it felt so Christmas-y! We rode quite a few rides. (one of which we wasted our time on....whack!) But all the others were mucho fun and my night was as wonderful as I anticipated it would be. We didn't leave the park until after 2am when they were just about running people out of the park.

As I was walking through the park though (apart from all of the things I was thinking) I thought about how even though it felt Christmas-y with all the lights and festivities it was not true to what Christmas is all about. There is no Santa....sorry kiddies! But he just doesn't exist. But THE ONE who Christmas is about did and DOES exist. He was born to a virgin named Mary, in a stable in Bethlehem. He died on the cross for ALL of your sins...and mine! Three days later, He rose again in power and now He is seated at the right hand of God as the great High Priest making intercession for us all. I almost hoped there would have been a manger scene..but there wasn't. There was a random wise man light structure at the entrance though...maybe someone on staff hoped that it would catch the eye of someone and they'd recall WHO the wise men went to see.

PLEASE do not forget who Christmas is about. Remember Christ this Christmas. Remember why He was born and celebrate His birth.

Blessings til next time!

No comments: