Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who do you love?

I've been home all day.......allllllll day. Not even opened the front door, all day. As the day progressed and there wasn't much to, it got a little discouraging and daunting...I began to think about what I had to do the next day and wasn't quite sure how things were going to get accompished. I spent much of my evening on YouTube simply because I clicked a link my friend had on their facebook profile and it got me YouTube surfing. I found a video I love of these young men, from Allen Liturgical Dance Ministry of The Greater Allen Cathedral of New York, dancing to one of my favorite songs "The Presence of the Lord" sung by the church's choir (it's an original song).




And I began to just internalize the song and truly worship God from the comfort of my futon:-D
And it's amazing that even in the simplest of positions, with a willing heart to pour our love on God what can happen. I just sang, cried and worshipped. Then I prayed and prayed and prayed some more as the Holy Spirit led me to pray. Then I went to read the Word (cuz it's my daily bread and I have like spiritual hunger pains now when I don't read it often enough lol). I went to the daily readings my church has for our Big Read project we're doing this year (reading the Bible in one year...checkout our page.. http://ecibigread.wordpress.com). And one of the scriptures stuck out to me in a new way.

In Matthew 10:37-39 Jesus was speaking to His disciples and He said this:
37 “If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. 38 If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. 39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it."

And I could do nothing but smile:-D Firstly the entire chapter speaks of when Jesus was sending his disciples out and He was giving instruction about what to do and what not to do, and what to expect because they were going out spreading His words and teachings. And in the above verses He is brutally honest about the caliber of people that are worthy of being His. I smiled at this part particularly because of thigns going on in my own life.

You know, sometimes it's easy to lose sight of God as your first love...as your number one. And I'm making it a mission of mine to NEVER lose sight of Him in that respect. I want to always be in awe of Him, to love Him like no one else, to revere Him, and have Him as number ONE before anyone or anything. And I just thought that what Jesus said was directly related to me. I don't believe Jesus was saying you couldn't love your parents or children or siblings or anyone for that matter, I don't think He was saying you couldn't miss them either but you just couldn't love them more than you loved Him or else you were UNWORTHY of being His. Now I already know I'm not worthy of His love but because of His grace and mercy I have access to Him. Therefore, I'm going to make sure that I don't love anyone more than I love Him. (Thanks for the reminder and confirmation with your word God!! You rock!!)

Blessing til next time!

1 comment:

Christine1216 said...

This was truly a blessing my bundle of joy! We should love Jesus more than anyone or anything, because it might not just be people we put before Him, but TV, internet, chocolate, shopping, WHATEVER! If we want to be called His, we have to give him our love totally. Thank you so much for this posting :o)