Tuesday, January 27, 2009

S.I.S.T.E.R.



I have a Sweet sister
An Intelligent sister
A Strong sister
A Taller-than-me sister
An Encouraging sister
A Righteous sister

Whether she knows all these things about her or not...they are true. I was sitting and looking at pictures of my sister and I and how silly we can be. As I looked at them I remember how she came to be my sister. "What?" you say....."she was adopted?! you picked her up from off the street?!"

Contrary to popular belief..that's not how she came to be my sister:)

When I was about 4 years old I was having a hard time being an only child. The house was pretty lonely. Sure I had my parents, and they were cool to hang with but they weren't my age so there was only so much you could do with them. I prayed to God and asked Him for a little sister. When my mom told me she was going to have a baby and that she didn't want to know the gender, I told her that the baby was a girl because I had asked for a sister.

As much as my sister and I have had our ups and downs (we've fought physically and argued a lot) I wouldn't take back my request for anything. I love her so much. She's absolutely unique...she has the most uncommon way of thinking and looking at things and its beautiful. She's a great encouragement to me. She's my manager, bodyguard, seeing eye dog (not implying my sister is dog...geez!)...I just mean to say that she has my back and sometimes sees things I don't see.

I appreciate her and love her mucho! I thank God for her constantly and pray His purpose into her life..because I know He has a mighty work in store for her.
Love you Al!

Blessings til next time!

1 comment:

neilnovie dayrit said...

hi!!!i hope we will be good friend...
please follow my blog neilspace-drt3.blogspot.com
your blog is interesting...
God bless and i hope your kind response...always take care...